What tool (DTS) is best for running multiple queries with multiple datasources

• I am a newbie and unsure how to best approach the following task,  Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I have 2 datasources 1 SQL and 1 Oracle.  I have created UDL's to reference this datasources.  From what I have seen in DTS you can only reference one datasource within a query(how do I get around this)

I need to compare a table on the SQL with a table on the Oracle Server, if the Oracle data is different (new records) then Update the Sql data.

I have created the followng queries, unfortunately, I am unsure how to use in DTS (or is there a better way, ie. store procedure etc.)  I have a group of these types of queries to update on a nightly basis.  I also need to generate and error msg(email) if the update Fails.

Please be as specific as possibles.

INSERT INTO dbo.ProjectTypes ( ProjectTypeCode, ProjectTypeDescrip,

ProjectCatagory, ProjectClass, CapitalProjectNum, DateCreated, UserCreated,

DateModified, UserModified )

SELECT Q1.ID, Q1.DESCR, Q1.PROJ_DESCR_CATEGORY, Q1.PROJ_CLASS, Q1.CPN,

CURRENT_TIMESTAMP  AS DateCreated, 'Import' AS UserCreated,

CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS DateModified, 'Import' AS UserModified

FROM SiteManager1..APPPCT.PROJECT_TYPE as Q1

LEFT JOIN ProjectTypes ON Q1.ID = ProjectTypes.ProjectTypeCode

WHERE (((ProjectTypes.ProjectTypeCode) Is Null));

Thanks,

Karen

• hi i am jus trying out..

we can pull all the datda from Oracle to SQL server and run a store procedure to compare and update accordingly...

i am also trying for the same thing but its other way around ..like i am trying to update oracle DB corresponding to changes in Sql server...using DTS

i think it may not help u but its jus a contribution

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply