What SQL Server edition are you using?

• What SQL Server edition are you using?

• Lewis Dowson (10/27/2009)

What SQL Server edition are you using?

I am running both 2005 and 2008 because Windows 7 cannot run 2000 and I can run any version including 6.5 and 7.0, the later must be employer required.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• We are Using SQL 2000 / 2005 and 2008 and of Course Planning to Migrate / Upgrade SQL 2000 to 2008

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Most of our databases servers are running SQL Server 2005. We have one server running SQL Server 2000 but are hoping to retire that application by moving it into one of our LOB systems that has the same functionality. We are going to move two of our other LOB applications to SQL Server 2008 in the next few months.

• SS2K & SS2K5

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • I still have SQL 2000 running one production system, most are SQL 2005 and a handful of my vendors are starting to support SQL 2008. Regardless of how quickly MS turns out new versions of SQL Server, I find that it's the vendors who are slow to adopt and certify there applications on them. I can't count the number of times on 1 hand that I've "pioneered" their upgrade to the next version by testing it out for them.

• I still have SQL 2000. Mostly our SQL server are SQL 2005. I have also three or five SQl 2008.

• Most of my customers have SQL 2005 (standard, enterprise). Now I'm working for someone who still has SQL 2000...

I also have a dev machine with SQL 2008 developer.

• I have one SQL 7 box that is running a legacy application. Hopefully, it will be retired soon. All of the rest are SQL 2005

• We use all 3, depending on when the initial application was set up.

We have started moving some databases from 2000 to 2008 Express, but if a full version of SQL is required, it's not usually cost effective to migrate an application that has been working fine for years. At least our clients don't think so!

• 2000 and SQL 2005

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply