What relation of (income and Deduction) and payroll table

• I already make payroll database i have all tables but one relation in this database i don't know how to make relation

between payroll table and deduction and income

Employee Table

Employee ID

Name

Address

Nationality

Salary Table(1 to 1 Employee Table)

Salary ID

Employee ID

Salary

Income Table(N to 1 Employee Table)

Income ID

Employee ID

Bonus

Over Time

From Date

To Date

Deduction Table ( N to 1 Employee Table)

Deduction ID

Employee ID

Deduction

From Date

To Date

Payroll Table(I don't know Relation)

And this is my question how to collect Deduction and income from two tables

and make relation to Payroll table

Meaning what relation between Payroll and( Deduction And Income)

How to collect two foreign key of income and Deduction in Payroll Table

Are relation one to many or what

• can any one help me in question above

• Given where you're having the deductions table, I am assuming those are actually the default deductions that might apply on a paycheck by paycheck basis.

Assuming that's true - I'd envision you'd have a "many to many" relation between "payroll" (which tracks what actually is getting paid out during each payroll period) and deductions. So you'd have a mapping table, perhaps called "applied deductions", which links the payroll period to the deduction type.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Thank you for reply

My data as following(fixing data)

Salary (Change every year)

Bonus(change every year)

Transport Amount

Resident Amount

My data Variable data

overtime

Deduction

How my diagram will be

my diagram no as following

but remaining Payroll table

Employee table

Employee ID

Salary

Bonus

Transport Payment

Resident Payment

Variable Data table

Deduction

Overtime

Employee ID

Commission

Payroll table

Employee ID

• A couple of issues:

1. salary changes over time. At every least you'd have a to/from, and the relationship would be employee (1-->N) salary .

2. you'd probably want a separate payrollPeriod table which establishes the frequency. PayrollPeriodID + To/From at least. You might also have different items on different frequencies so you might want to account for that.

Assuming your Payroll table represents each payroll transaction, it might look something like:

PayrollID

EmployeeID

PayrollPeriodID

SalaryID --<-- not strictly necessary since you could derive it from the other 2 FK's. Still commonly added in.

Your income and deductions would then be associated to the payrollID they're being paid in. I would usually have a separate table to do the correlation, since the assumption would be that you might have multiple deductions or income in a given period.

So the income would be looped in perhaps as such:

AdditionalIncomePaid table

IncomeID

PayrollID

--additional columns as needed

And the deductions would be associated in the same fashion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply