What methods are available to push data from many sites to another site ?

• Currently we have a web service which pushes some information from many sites into data-warehouse on another site.

Are there any other methods I could use to achieve same result ?

• kevin_nikolai (11/30/2016)

Currently we have a web service which pushes some information from many sites into data-warehouse on another site.

Are there any other methods I could use to achieve same result ?

It's quite a vague question to be honest but I would imagine Building ETL Tasks in SSIS to move the data would be a good starting point for a solution.

• A product I evaluated recently can do this pretty easily if your looking for something outside of the native SQL server tools.

http://www.jumpmind.com/products/symmetricds/download

It can move data between numerous types of RDBMS so may be overkill for your needs but it could fit.

Without much more information though its also possible with replication and ETL with SSIS, all depends on how much data your moving and how frequently.

MCITP SQL 2005, MCSA SQL 2012

• Hi RTaylor2208, 
    We have a web service which pushes some information from many sites (cities or states) into a data-warehouse in another site (city or state). The daily amount of data for a single site is not that much (varies from say 50 to 300 records per day).  
    Would like to find out if there are any other methods I could use to achieve same result ?   

Hi kevaburg,
    Building ETL Tasks in SSIS to move the data would be a good starting point for a solution, if it's on the same network, easy.
    The sites are in different states (cities), not on the same network. How would you accomplish that ?

• Replication can work. export/import can work, whether you use SSIS or something else. Keep in mind, your web service essentially does this, by querying a database, getting results, putting in another system.

If the sites aren't on the same network, do they have connectivity? How do you move data now?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply