What is the interval between attempts to bring the cluster online

• [Note] I posted a duplicate topic, updated this one to another question

Does anyone knows the interval between attempts to bring the cluster online? e.g. how long does it wait between attempts?

I set it to max 4 times in 6 hours, and it seems tried 4 times in one min:

• Those are the failure limit thresholds. It sounds like you are looking for the RetryPeriodOnFailure property. In Cluster Admin, right click on the resource and select properties.
    You need to check the policies for the cluster resources. Each resource has their own settings.

Sue

• I checked the RetryPeriodOnFailure which shows 1 min, but according to the critical events, it tries 3 times in 1 minute, do I miss anything?

• i1888 - Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:12 PM

I checked the RetryPeriodOnFailure which shows 1 min, but according to the critical events, it tries 3 times in 1 minute, do I miss anything?

What you have underlined is not the time between restarts - it's the time interval for if all restarts attempts fail, when to try again. And it's one hour.
    Look at delay between restarts.
    What you have listed in the first post aren't all the same errors. One is for not bringing a resource completely online or offline, one is for a resource failure, another is for I think trying to bring a resource online on another node. Don't remember all of them. It might help you more if you click on the "More about restart policies" which used to give fairly decent information and explanations. I would also recommend you go through the cluster log as you get more information than you get by just looking a errors. You can see more of the activity and actions for the resources on the node.

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply