What is the equivalent of Default trace for SQL 2016?

• It looks like the default trace is no longer running for SQL 2016. Trace is scheduled to be deprecated but i thought it still is usable for SQL 2016. However, i noticed when looking at sys.traces, it's not running anymore.

Do we need to do something to make sure it runs? the configuration for "default trace enabled" is still a 1.

• SQLSalas (10/27/2016)

It looks like the default trace is no longer running for SQL 2016. Trace is scheduled to be deprecated but i thought it still is usable for SQL 2016. However, i noticed when looking at sys.traces, it's not running anymore.

Do we need to do something to make sure it runs? the configuration for "default trace enabled" is still a 1.

Default trace works fine in SQL Server 2016 but you may have to flip the switch to get it running.

😎

Check the sys.configurations ([name] = 'default trace enabled' ), probably the default trace is not enabled on your instance.

• Yeps, that was it. I have to flip it and flip it back.

Although it says it was enabled in the configuration, there were 2 traces with no path. I am used to seeing the default trace holding the ID 1. But now, there's 2 rows in sys.traces.

When I turned off and turned on the default trace configuration, that's when the 3rd trace appear with the path of the default trace.

Thanks!

• SQLSalas (10/28/2016)

Yeps, that was it. I have to flip it and flip it back.

Although it says it was enabled in the configuration, there were 2 traces with no path. I am used to seeing the default trace holding the ID 1. But now, there's 2 rows in sys.traces.

When I turned off and turned on the default trace configuration, that's when the 3rd trace appear with the path of the default trace.

Thanks!

You are very welcome.

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply