What is the best way to import PDF files into a SQL Database

• Hey guys,

Recently I started working on creating a database to store resumes for a HR company and all of them have different categories for example: business administration, accounting, sports science and so on. The main problem that I encountered is that all these files are in a pdf format and microsoft word so it is hard for me to import the data into a table. I don't need to modify these files, only store them into the databases by categories so it is more organized and easier to find when necessary. I'm using mysql workbench. I wanted to know your opinion if what I'm trying to do is plausible/efficient or if you have any recommendations where I should look for information to get this done I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

• But for almost any RDBMS, it's probably a better idea to store the documents on a filesystem (or cloud storage), and store the paths and other necessary information in the database.

A google search returns many links regarding importing PDFs into MySQL, often using PHP.

e.g., https://joshuaotwell.com/use-mysql-blob-column-with-php-to-store-pdf-file/

Note: This is a forum for Microsoft SQL Server 7 & 2000, not MySQL.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply