What is Dynamic package ?

• Hi All,

I'm new to SSIS and just started learning SSIS, can any body tel me what is Dynamic package ? and how create the dynamic package ?

Thanks & Regards

Deepak

• As someone new to SSIS I would not even THINK about dynamic packages.

A dynamic package is one created by code and then executed. This is a VERY advanced topic and with the learning curve of SSIS already being fairly high I would not be looking at this yet.

CEWII

• Elliott Whitlow (9/22/2011)

As someone new to SSIS I would not even THINK about dynamic packages.

A dynamic package is one created by code and then executed. This is a VERY advanced topic and with the learning curve of SSIS already being fairly high I would not be looking at this yet.

CEWII

Can't a dynamic package just be a package that is configured through package configurations/variables/parent configurations/...?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Can't a dynamic package just be a package that is configured through package configurations/variables/parent configurations/...?

yes , because of this doubt i posted the question , what is dynamic package ?

Regards - Deepak

• deepak.a (9/23/2011)

Can't a dynamic package just be a package that is configured through package configurations/variables/parent configurations/...?

yes , because of this doubt i posted the question , what is dynamic package ?

Regards - Deepak

It really depends on the context,

there is no offical meaning but it can range from using variables, to writing code to create the packages. Basically anything that cause the package to 'change' at run-time given a set of inputs.

I would leave it to after you have learned a bit more about the basics

• Well if I misread context or meaning then I apologize. I was using the definition akin to dynamic SQL..

CEWII

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply