What has happened to the layout / format of the forum ?

• Wrong location to place this question. Sorry.

What has happened to the layout / format (and functionality) of this forum.

Layout and format have changed a lot and I have not seen this introduced.

Functionality has been reduced (???), where I used the 'actions' a lot to see which topics where of interrest, I cannot find this functionality.

In the layout it is less clear that this is a Forum. The messages appear less distinct.

And in presentation of the messages, I can not come to grip with the formatting. (Comment symbols are replaced by lines, indents with spaces disappear. An empty line between paragraph's disappears).

Is this something which is happening to everybody, or is there a setting where you can choose how the forum is presented ?

Is there an introduction to this new 'format' ?

Is there a proper place where I can ask these questions ? (Here is very probably the wrong location).

Is there a manual and a proper way to format SQL code within the anwsers ?

Thanks for this website, but this new format needs some gettting accustomed too from my side.

Ben

• It's something that has been coming for a a while , but they put an announcement up last week: SQLServerCentral v3 coming tomorrow. If you note any problems, best to put it in the website issues forum, not the SQL Server 2016 Development forum, they'll get noticed there. Then if there are problems they can be addressed, fixed, etc.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Post issues here: Website Issues

The forum software changed, so it's going to take some time to get used to. You can add lines in a post, as I have here. We had to convert a lot of data that was formatted a certain way and some of the conversions might not be as smooth as others, but it's helpful to post specific issues with a URL rather than generalities in what you observe. We can track down and try to clean up some of the issues that way.

• I can't figure out these damn BBCodes.

• In the yellow box above your response is a link to the references. You should see a toolbar that has some of the common items, like bold, list, code, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply