What Counts for a DBA – Inspirations

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item What Counts for a DBA – Inspirations

• Aww, thanks for the kind words, sir! You've been an inspiration to me for years - continuing to knock out books is hard, hard work. I respect the stuff you're putting out there, and it's a tough subject matter, too.

• @Brento

Appreciate the kind words too! I am just glad that when writing I have someone reviewing what I say for technical correctness and grammar. You make it look effortless to do it live :

• Part of the reason why I stay in this "business" is the community at large.  You and Brent, along with many others both well known and not so well known (many who frequent these very forums and take the time to share in blogs, SQL Saturdays, summits, etc) are a good part of that community.  As I've said many times, "You've just gotta love this community".  Thank you and everyone else for sharing your knowledge and your skill.  My hat is humbly off to you.

Brent, thank you again for the great show you put on for our user group a couple of weeks ago.  I will definitely return the grand favor.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:03 PM

Brent, thank you again for the great show you put on for our user group a couple of weeks ago.  I will definitely return the grand favor.

My pleasure man! You're one of the great ones, and I had a great time hanging out with you again.

• Brent Ozar - Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:44 AM

Jeff Moden - Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:03 PM

My pleasure man! You're one of the great ones, and I had a great time hanging out with you again.

Heh... me too.  Never ate a steak and shrimp off a hot paver stone before. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply