Weird problem with SSIS package

• I'm having a really weird problem with a SSIS package.

The package is designed to take an input file (46 columns), look up an id number thats in the first column in a database and replace the id number with a new number that it has looked up. It does a similar thing and looks up from an excel spreadsheet to value in another column.

There are 1942 rows in the input file and it does this correctly - the package when you run it you can see there are 1942 records going into the file.

The problem is that when I open the file there are 2145 records in it!

And all the extra records are exact copies of some of the records that were in the original file.

I've tried just about everything but is still always adds these 200 or so extra records to the output file and I don't know why its doing it.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Louise

• Check your lookups. It sounds like you have duplicate values in one of the lookups. Like this:

Col1

-----

Lookup Table

LookupCol NewValCol

---------- ----------

1 2

2 3

3 4

4 1

4 1

Results

OrigCol NewValCol

------- ----------

1 2

2 3

3 4

4 1

4 1

• Thanks... but it wasn't anything to do with lookups (it had 1942 records going in, 1942 records going out according to the data flow in SSIS - although the actual output file had 2145 records in it, plus the lookups couldn't have duplicates due to table restrictions).

Turns out what it was, was that the original file was a concatenation of 4 different files - which were supposed to all have the same number of columns - except that one of the files only had 44 columns instead of 46.

When the concatenated file was loaded it must have gone a bit screwy due to the missing coulmns in some records, so it outputted them for some unknown reason.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply