Weird DTS issue - Rows Missing

• Hello,

I am having a weird DTS data import issue. I am importing data from an Access database with something like 160 tables. I created 8 sets of Access source connectionds and SQL Server destination connections (20 Transformation Data tasks per set of connections). I am truncating the tables then importing all rows from Access into SQL Server.

The DTS package runs successfully and shows rows copied in the results window (It shows a successful step and the number of rows: tblVehicleIncidents (464)) after it completes.

When I look at the tables in question, some of them have no rows! Even though they showed a specific number of rows copied, the tables are empty. I have checked all of the obvious things. There are the correct number of rows in the source database, etc. I even reduced the number of parallel connections from 4 to 1.

I'm at a loss. If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing, please help!

Thanks,

Chris

• Never mind, It looks like I fixed it. It makes no sense, but at least it works.

I had an Active X scritp to copy the Access database from a fileshare to the SQL Server. This was the first step, with all of the other steps following On Success of the copy step. When I removed the copy file, it all imported perfectly. I'm going the copy file in a seperate step now, and it is working fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply