Webservice Task + XML Source Task

• Hi,

I call a webservice using webservice task. The webservice returns a dataset which in turn comes back to ssis as xml. I write the output to a xml file using "File Connection" option in webservice task.

Now, i added a data flow task, and added a xml source and OLEDB destination. I gave web service O/P xml as as input. it asks me to select a node since dataset contains multiple tables in it. I mapped it to OLEDB destination table. I used inline schema option since XML i get from webservice also contains schema in it.

While i run the data flow task, i dont see any error. xml source and OLEDB destination turns green but no data gets inserted to DB table.

I added a dataviewer to debug it, i see that no data getting out from xml source task. i also noticed that the webservice O/P xml contains multiple namespaces. but i dont see any error around that.

Any other things i need to take care of?

• I'm having the same problem - has anyone managed to find out what the problem is here?

• I am doing the exact same thing, but no errors or no data in destination or no data to view in data viewers. What is the issue?

• Thought I'd put a note on this post of mine from a while back. The issue seemed to be a SSIS 2005 one and was remedied by using Visual Studio 2008 instead.

• But, I am still on SSIS 2005 with no plans to advance to SSIS 2008. Is there any workaround to this problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply