Web Service task failing

• We have a package with a web service task that ran on a SQL Server where the service account was a server admin.

Now it is being transfered to a server with a proper security setup. The job is running under a proxy account. The web service task is attempting to write a .tmp file to

C:\Documents and Settings\AgentSrvcAccount\Local Settings\Temp

It's failing because the proxy account does not have access. I can't find any settings that specify this path. Is this possibly some type of SQL default is there a way to change this? I don't want the proxy account to have access to the server file system outside of our designated directories.

• tvanharp (7/28/2009)

We have a package with a web service task that ran on a SQL Server where the service account was a server admin.

Now it is being transfered to a server with a proper security setup. The job is running under a proxy account. The web service task is attempting to write a .tmp file to

C:\Documents and Settings\AgentSrvcAccount\Local Settings\Temp

It's failing because the proxy account does not have access. I can't find any settings that specify this path. Is this possibly some type of SQL default is there a way to change this? I don't want the proxy account to have access to the server file system outside of our designated directories.

You have to right-click on the above folder and go to permissions. Then you have to give permissions to your proxy account to access this folder.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• This is what I wanted to avoid, we use vmware and network storage so all our drives are setup with minimum amount of space. Its a general rule that nothing is stored on the c drive outside of the os. I ended up doing this because I couldn't find any other solution. It worked fine, thanks for the reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply