Web Data Adminstrator

• I have a SQL 2008 Dev server setup for any testing I want. If I could just get this app working with SQL 2005 then I would test it fully on SQL 2008

Thanks

Rudy

Rudy

• So what is the problem you are facing? Did you get an error?

• It work just fine when I select a SQL 200 server but when I select a SQL 2005 the error produced is show below.

Hopefully you or someone can figure this out.

Thanks,

Rudy

------------------------------------------------------

ERROR

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.databases_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects (SMO).

at SqlAdmin.NativeMethods.ISqlServer.Connect(Object ServerName, Object Login, Object Password)

at SqlAdmin.SqlServer.Connect()

at SqlWebAdmin.databases.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Rudy

• I did some search on internet to see there are any references to similar errors. The one given below looks interesting. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlsmoanddmo/thread/94f476c9-6d22-44e2-ba15-0786c0dfffaa/

It speaks about two downloads/feature-packs and probably they could help fixing the problem you are facing. Meanwhile, let me try to configure it on another computer and see if I can find some thing that can help you.

regards

Jacob

• Thanks for all your time and efforts!

Rudy

Rudy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply