Web Assistance in SQL 2000

• Can I create a aspx file from the change(insertion) of database in a user-defined format, e.g. retrieve a field's data into a hidden type variable. Where can I have more info about web assistance of SQL 2000?

• Have spent no time with .Net - but I think you're wanting to create a text file each time a value is inserted? You can do this in a trigger if the file will be fairly small, if large or frequent you should probably do it in a job and mark as done once completed.

Andy

• I agree with Andy, but what you are asking is a little unclear. If you are expecting a SQL message to be sent when data changes, this is really a trigger, but you would need to configure your server to call the ASPX page. This is dangerous in a trigger as any error in the page could cause the data change to rollback.

Can you explain better what you want to accomplish?

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Hi guys !! I'm in a serious trouble with SQL Web assistant (SQL 2000). I need to create an XML file once a record is inserted in a table (typical trigger). I've tried with BCP started via cmdshell in a Stored Procedure launched by a trigger but it doesnt work (never finishes). Now I'm trying with sp_makewebtask but I received the following message: "Error 16804 ... SQL Web Assistant: Could not establish a local connection to SQL Server" What can I do??? I couldnt find any information about this kind of issue. Thank you. Mary. 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply