Way to Check Multiple LIKE without dynamic SQL

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Way to Check Multiple LIKE without dynamic SQL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• Thanks for this, I didn't know about fn_split or the CROSS APPLY.

• if you use function !!! write new fn_split_find and don't use cross apply .it's will be work more faste :-D)

select * from @mytbl where fn_split_find(likestring,@param) >0

• @adudley

you can find fnSplit on the net. just google it and you will find the code for it.

@bhatta

This is just an approach of performing a task without dynamic SQL. Otherwise, I think using dynamic sql in such situations will be more helpful.:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• Atif-ullah Sheikh (9/16/2010)

@adudley

you can find fnSplit on the net. just google it and you will find the code for it.

@bhatta

This is just an approach of performing a task without dynamic SQL. Otherwise, I think using dynamic sql in such situations will be more helpful.:-)

Absolutly 🙂

fn_split 🙂

http://bi-tch.blogspot.com/2007/10/sql-clr-net-function-split.html

• But, if it contains both strings, you'll get it in the output twice. You may need a DISTINCT.

Also, you're not really using the CROSS APPLY functionality. This could just as easily be a JOIN (using ON instead of WHERE), since your function isn't using anything from @vTable, so it doesn't need to be re-executed for each row.

• Thanks it's good to see how others put together T-SQL and its built-in functions to come up with clever solutions. Keeps the mind nimble.

• Thanks for the script.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply