Warning - Columns With No Statistics

• Any idea why my temp table is showing this warning in SSMS.

Columns With No Statistics: [tempdb].[dbo].[#T].Requirements, [tempdb].[dbo].[#T].Elapsed

Thanks in advance

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• I had a chat to Gail at the user group last night and it turns out that the warning can be ignored. The columns that have no statistics are not used in any where clause or join condition and the query optimizer does not need statistics on these two columns.

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• Envious...it must be quite a nice thing to have the opportunity to just walk up and ask one of our community's best questions like this once in a while 🙂 Thanks for posting back.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Hello,

I hope someone has help me with this. I am also getting a warning column with no statistics.

This is on a column that is a primary key.

Auto Create Statistics is on.

The database is NOT read only.

Please advise. Thank in advance for your time.

Marina

• mvinokur (1/13/2016)

Hello,

I hope someone has help me with this. I am also getting a warning column with no statistics.

This is on a column that is a primary key.

Auto Create Statistics is on.

The database is NOT read only.

Please advise. Thank in advance for your time.

Marina

Is the column being used in a filter or join operation? If not, you don't need to worry about it.

By the way, the only people who will see your question are people actively subscribing to this question. To get better responses from more people, you'd serve yourself best by asking a new question.

If you can, supply the execution plan for your query. That would help.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply