Warning about global shared memory

• Hello all,

Could someone please explain me what error below means:

[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning: Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL; data flow performance counters are not available. To resolve, run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console.

I see it every log file for every package in my ETL environment.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Pit

• I have the same warning appear on all my SSIS package executions as well. I am running the packages as local administrator w/ sysadmin on the SQL Server. Any ideas?

BT
  • I am having same issue too.

any suggestions?

• iam having the same issue .Plz help.

• Here is a follow up for others who experience this problem as of Dec 8th 2009:

The quote below is from Microsoft Support replying to my email stating that changing from a SQLDB data destination to an OLEDB destination worked.

"Yes, according to the defect description, OLE DB should work, the warning only says that the package does not have access to the SSIS related perfmon counters.

I was able to reproduce the failure in almost all environments (All OS versions with UAC ON i.e. Windows Vista and above). The defect documentation also says that this error should happen if the executing User does not have SeCreateGlobalPrivilege on Windows. User-mode applications represent this privilege as the following user-right string: “Create Global Objects” and I remember we already granted that. So this might be a regression, I am going to pursue this with Product Group to see if there is/would be a fix available to this otherwise it might limit Sql Server Destination task to a great extent.

As of now, it seems the only work around without any security breach is to switch to the OLE DB Destination component."

WRL

• Mine was just not the global shared memory counter warning, my package excution failed in the middle ofexcution. I made my data flow tasks as different packages and called in one after another. That worked.

Thanks everyone.

Most of the time the issues boil down to the drivers or teh security especially in my environment since we moved to Windows 2008 server and it has very strict security structure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply