want to run .exe file in remote server from my local machine

• Wish you a very happy new year.

Start of the new year gives me a challenge. I need to run an .exe file which is located in different server.I want to run this the remote server .exe file from my ssis package. I have created vb script for this. and it is when the file is in my local machine.

could you please guide me with the code so that I can run the remote server exe file from my SSIS oackage?

Below is the code which I have applied to run the exe file from local machine.

Dim objShell As Object

objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

objShell.run("C:\Users\Niladri.Biswas\Documents\Hi.exe")

I have the full permission in the remote server. as I have run the powershell command and it is running from my local machine. But I need to call it from SSIS packge from remote server.

Please help me.

• PsExec might help you.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for your reply.

I have seen it.But my requirement is to run the remote .exe file from my local machine from ssis package. I have also tried with process task but I don't know how to do it for remote server.

as it is remote server we need to run the powershelll command to execute the .exe but how to do the same with C# or VB script I don't know.

Please guide me.

• niladri.primalink (1/8/2016)

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen it.But my requirement is to run the remote .exe file from my local machine from ssis package. I have also tried with process task but I don't know how to do it for remote server.

as it is remote server we need to run the powershelll command to execute the .exe but how to do the same with C# or VB script I don't know.

Please guide me.

Forget SSIS for a while and work out what native command you need to run, from the SSIS server, to make this work.

Once you can get that working, use an Execute Process task in SSIS to run it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• We also use PSExec using either Execute Process task or a WScript. However, I would suggest avoiding any workflow that involves running remote processes, because it's a weak point of failure and guaranteed to result in more than just an occasional 2 AM call.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply