Want to pass 1 parameter to SSRS report and still have all other parameter prompts to appear

• Hi,

This is an odd problem. We want to pass a user id to a report from an asp.net program. This will allow us to filter the report to a user's data. However we still would like the user to pick the other parameters from the usual dropdowns and textbox prompts. My question is whether it's possible to use a report viewer, pass in 1 parameter and have the report appear in the viewer with the other prompts available to the user? The user would then fill in data using the other parameter prompts and then run the report using the view report button.

It seems that once you use a report viewer and pass in even on parameter that the viewer expects you to supply the rest of the parameters but I'm not sure about this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

• I'm not sure how it goes with ASP. But in normal execution I would make the user parameter hidden (not internal) and provide no default values for other parameters. This would cause them to be prompted.

• Yes, making username a hidden parameter will work, my team did exactly a couple of years ago with SSRS 2005 and an ASP.NET web application.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply