VS2017 loses non-default 'Open With' setting for .sql files

• I have modified settings inside VS2017 to open .sql files with Explorer.exe. This opens the file in a new tab within SSMS and is the way I've been working for some years now.

My installation of VS2017 seems to 'forget' this setting periodically, following no discernable pattern, so that the .sql files revert to opening in the VS T-SQL editor.

My colleague is experiencing the same behaviour. Has anyone else noticed this?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:44 AM

I have modified settings inside VS2017 to open .sql files with Explorer.exe. This opens the file in a new tab within SSMS and is the way I've been working for some years now.

My installation of VS2017 seems to 'forget' this setting periodically, following no discernable pattern, so that the .sql files revert to opening in the VS T-SQL editor.

My colleague is experiencing the same behaviour. Has anyone else noticed this?

Heh, I guess we're on our own with this one. Still happening & a real wind-up.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply