VS Professional 22 (17.8.6) installed - I can\'t create a SSIS ETL Project

• Hi,

I used to work a lot with MS SSIS ETL but I have been away 5 years now - working with Sql Server, DB2 and Informatica PowerCenter ETL

Now I have an assignment with a customer who wants me to convert their PowerCenter ETL to SSIS due to company strategic policy.

I installed Visual Studio Professional 22 and I tried to include SSDT, BIDS, or what ever is the official name now.

But I can not create a SSDT project/Solution- it is not offered as an alternative in the File/New/Project...File....

Can you guys please help me,

I attached my installation choices and the VS Help/About

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • After installing VS2022, go to Extensions and install the

SQL Server Integration Services Projects 2022

extension. That should get you going.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• SSDT, which is just database projects (now) is installed via the installer. Open the Visual Studio Installer and then modify your Visual Studio Install to add "Data storage and processing" in "Other Toolsets".

If you want SSIS, that's an extension and is installed from the Extensions Marketplace from within Visual Studio (Extensions -> Manage Extensions).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi there Phil and Tom

Like I show in the attachment, I have 'SQL Server Integration Services Projects 2022' and 'SSDT' (which I understood is not what I am looking for)

I also had 'Data storage and processing' checked in the installer

Why do these tool installations need to be so difficult nowadays:)

I'd only want to redo the ETL with SSIS....

I am sorry to admit but I did not get it yet

• So if you select File/New Project and then type 'SSIS' in the search bar, what do you see?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil...

Thank you

Now I have my SSIS Project/Solution created!

Why I wasn't able to do so before - maybe I just did not know to write SSIS in the search bar

• Great, problem solved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply