VS 2017, Missing SSIS Toolbox after SSDT install/repair

• We migrated from SQL Server 2008/VS2008 to SQL Server 2016/VS2017(Community) 2 weeks ago. All of our existing SSIS packages are running through the existing SQL Server Agent Jobs without any issues.
    I can see our packages from VS2017.
    I can not see the SSIS toolbox. I right click on the canvas of either an existing or new package, click SSIS toolbox and nothing happens. I click on the little icon in the upper right of the design surface and nothing happens.
    I have reinstalled SSDT to Repair, then rebooted and still no toolbox.
    When I click on Help and About Visual Studio, I see SSDT in the list.
    I can create a new SSIS project, and I can create a dataflow and connection manager, but without a toolbox, this isn't helpful.
    What am I doing wrong and how can I get a toolbox?
    Thanks

• alicesql - Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:27 AM

We migrated from SQL Server 2008/VS2008 to SQL Server 2016/VS2017(Community) 2 weeks ago. All of our existing SSIS packages are running through the existing SQL Server Agent Jobs without any issues.
    I can not see the SSIS toolbox. I right click on the canvas of either an existing or new package, click SSIS toolbox and nothing happens. I click on the little icon in the upper right of the design surface and nothing happens.
    I can create a new SSIS project, and I can create a dataflow and connection manager, but without a toolbox, this isn't helpful.
    Thanks

I think I remember a case where the window containing the SSIS Toolbox somehow became tiny and was therefore very difficult to see. I suggest that you scour your monitor for signs of a very small window.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:43 AM

alicesql - Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:27 AM

We migrated from SQL Server 2008/VS2008 to SQL Server 2016/VS2017(Community) 2 weeks ago. All of our existing SSIS packages are running through the existing SQL Server Agent Jobs without any issues.
    Thanks

I think I remember a case where the window containing the SSIS Toolbox somehow became tiny and was therefore very difficult to see. I suggest that you scour your monitor for signs of a very small window.

OMG! It was behind the main toolbox.  You have saved my sanity.  Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply