Visualize the timeline of your SQL jobs using Google graph and email

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Jobs/127346/">Visualize the timeline of your SQL jobs using Google graph and email</A>CHECK THE ENTIRE DISCUSSION !! 🙂 :-)Multiple versions of script samples have been posted, read, download and maybe even add your own!grtz, Theo

Latest version can be found on: http://www.ekelmans.com/FTP/Web/GoogleJobTimeline.sql

• Great way to visualize this, thank you for sharing.

I just downloaded the "GoogleJobTimeline.sql" and executed it in an Instance that has a Collation with "Case Sensitive".

It ran into an error because of line 158 where you have written the columen "html" in lower case while it has to be in UPPER CASE: "HTML".

Once again, thanks for the great work!

CMS

• Very nice.

Running SQL 2012 11.0.3412 (SP1 + CU9), needed to add this to the sp_send_dbmail execute, otherwise results were in the email body.

,@attach_query_result_as_file = 1

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Dagnabbit....

You allways miss something when you share a script,

Thanks CMS / Phil 🙂

Updated script (v1.2) can be downloaded at: http://www.ekelmans.com/FTP/Web/GoogleJobTimelineV1.2.sql

• I've been waiting very long for a script like this.

I used the alternate link to download the script and had to remove the third of these 3 lines:

,@query_result_no_padding = 1 -- prevent SQL adding padding spaces in the result

--,@query_no_truncate= 1 -- mutually exclusive with @query_result_no_padding

,@query_no_truncate= 1

Kees

• Hi Kees,

Those switches are optimizations that only are usefull with larger HTML outputs.

Did you download the updated version (v1.2)? http://www.ekelmans.com/FTP/Web/GoogleJobTimelineV1.2.sql

Grtz, Theo

• Yes i did load that version.

On the second line your comment says: Mutually exclusive with the first line. So if the third line has the same code as the second line, it will cause an error when executing the code:

Msg 22050, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

Failed to execute the query because the @query_result_no_append and @query_no_truncate options are mutually exclusive.

• Ah, i see!!

There is a chaching issue @yahoo hosting.

Here is the new link: http://www.ekelmans.com/FTP/Web/GoogleJobTimelineV1.2.sql

• This is really useful, however, I have multiple servers and don't want an email for each server. I'd rather see them all in one large chart to identity any resource bottlenecks/ clashes. I might have to look at using an SSIS job to iterate through all the instances and plug the graph data into a central repository before emailing it. I'll have a play around with it. Thanks for posting.

• This is really neat. If I didn't have Litespeed I would definitely use this.

• I ran the script on 2 servers with MSX (Multi-Server Management) and received 2 emails, maybe you can collect the data from all the servers on the MSX-server and later send the email from the MSX-server.

Kees

• thats some really great article. simple presentation and nice explanation of the code involved. would it be possible to share the code for disk space and CPU usage also? 😀

• I'd also love to see how you pulled in CPU/Disk I/O. Our current server host is having some disk issues, so it would be nice to show them when they're happening.

A 200GB backup shouldn't take 9 hours.

Stuff like this is why I keep coming back to SSC.

• Great idea, thanks so much.

• This is really cool and I can't wait to play around with this for different reporting needs. However, I attempted to run this and received this error:

Failed to initialize sqlcmd library with error number -2147467259.

After some google-fu, it appears that the sp_send_dbmail doesn't like the @query parameter. I confirmed this by commenting out that parameter and running successfully. I am running SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2402.0 (X64). Any advice on how to get this working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply