Visual Studio 2017 cannot downgrade SSIS project to SQL Server 2012

• Hi,

I'm running Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2017 with latest updates.

I was developing for SQL Server 2016, but now I have to deploy to an older server running SQL Server 2012.

However, I cannot downgrade my project to SQL Server 2012 using this version of SSDT.

See attached screenshots.  Do I need to downgrade VS?  (I've Googled extensively but no joy).

• Guessing you have SSDT 15.8.1 or later installed? That removed support for SQL Server 2012. You need to use SSDT 15.8.0 or earlier.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I keep an install of SSDT 2015 around just for this reason. That version will let you downgrade all the way to SQL Server 2012.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• SSDT for Visual Studio 2017 15.9.0 added back the support for SQL Server 2012.

Release notes

• SQL Surfer '66 wrote:

SSDT for Visual Studio 2017 15.9.0 added back the support for SQL Server 2012. Release notes

Ha! Pleased they did, honestly was stupid that Microsoft removed it.

Thanks for sharing.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply