Visual Studio 2015 Community, when opening model, wont display, says it’s open already

• Hello, I recently removed VS17Pro and VS15 Pro, and there tools, not compatible or trial version expired, I installed back VS15 Community Upd3 and latest SSDT.

I can open SSIS pkg’s fine, but when I go to open a SSAS model, it opens, but doesn’t display the design, and when I double click on model, as sometimes that works, it gives me this error:

“This model is already open in another location by the same user, please close the other project before working on this one.”

What can I do to clear up this issue, so I can work on my existing models?

Thanks

• A few more details, in addition to installing fresh VS15 Community Update 3, I also installed the latest SSDT for VS15 17.4.

• I've found that I need to turn on a window/menu, by going to View, Other Windows, and then turn on Tabular Model Explorer, however, mine is greyed out. I have also tried installing, uninstalling an reinstalling the latest SSDT package to VS15 Community, to no avail, I can't seem to get it to un-grey. I'm not sure, but perhaps I may need to clear out some certain directory, and then open the app, maybe act like its open for the first time, perhaps that can clear the issue and the menu will be un-grey??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply