Visual glitch in ssms

• I'm experiencing a weird glitch with the editor in ssms. 

whenever I press Ctrl+R to hide the Results, the editor gets all "painted dark". If I scroll, things eventually go back to normal as the text starts to appear over the dark background.

Here's an image to it:

It happens was happening in ssms v2014, I've just installed v17.6 to check if it solved the problem, but it still happens.

It also happens with both Results to Grid and Results to Text.

This is only happening in ssms. I also use Visual Studio (along with Excel, Outlook and Chrome) on a daily basis and nothing like this ever happens with those.

Any clue on what might be causing this? Thanks!

Thanks,

Hugo

• Something similar happened to me when the RAM is low. Either for the whole system or just when SSMS is reaching its limits as a 32bit application.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares - Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:27 AM

Something similar happened to me when the RAM is low. Either for the whole system or just when SSMS is reaching its limits as a 32bit application.

That was my first thought, but it still happens even after rebooting, with more than 60% RAM still available (16GB total) and ssms using only 100MB.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply