VistaDB 3.0 - world''s first managed SQL database for .NET

• VistaDB 3.0 Community Technology Preview has been released as the world's first fully managed and typesafe SQL database engine for Microsoft .NET, Compact Framework, Windows Vista and Mono. Unlike SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition which is an unmanaged C++ client data engine, .NET and Compact Framework developers can use VistaDB 3.0 to build 100% fully managed WinForms and ASP.NET database applications that run on desktops, mobile devices and web servers.

VistaDB's small 600KB .NET managed assembly includes a core data engine, SQL Query processor that is compatible with SQL Server T-SQL syntax, a built-in ADO.NET Provider, and Direct Data Access Objects. Being fully managed, VistaDB 3.0 is able to fully harness the power of the .NET Framework and Compact Framework. Developers can even use Microsoft's ILMerge utility to merge VistaDB 3.0 into .NET EXEs and DLLs for totally embedded database solution.

Read more:

http://www.vistadb.net/Press_060801_VistaDB3_CTP_Released.asp?ref=200608s

Anthony Carrabino

http://www.vistadb.net

• Interesting approach to life....

a)  advertising a competing product on a SQL-Server community site....full marks for ambition.

b) advertising a competing product on a SQL-Server community site wihtout paying the minimal fee to the site-operators 1st....no marks for wisdom.

• What's the minimal fee? I don't mind paying, but this is the first forum that i've run across that costs money to post news. My wisdom told me that it should be ok to post here

Over the past couple of years, we built up a list of relevent places to post our periodic news blurbs about VistaDB. We do this every 4-8 weeks. I have a long list that i simply put my head down and work through over a few days. All the forums start to look alike very quickly. I try to be careful to put our msg in announcements, but next time i'll be more careful on this forum. Thanks for the gentle heads up!

• Every site has an admin...in this case it's SteveJones...search here for the articles published by him.   You should also be able to locate him under some 'about/contact us' page.  There's no absolute rule for plugging new stuff....but "it's less frowned upon, and you may succeed better if there's a 'banner ad', if you support the method by which the forum exists"...ie by paying 'some' of the electricity bills SQLServerCentral runs up.

Not aware of the scale of the fee, but it's not "my kids college fund/dowry" affair either.

Good luck with the venture.....

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply