View is not showing changed data.

• I have altered the view however on querying the view it is not reflecting the changes. anyone pls advice.

• if your view is not created with schemabinding, sp_refreshview should be run when changes are made to the objects underlying the view that affect the definition of the view. Otherwise, the view might produce unexpected results when it is queried.

sp_refreshview [ @viewname = ] 'viewname'

• This may or may not be relevant to your situation, but I have two distinct severs with a similar database layout and sometimes I forget to check which server I'm attached to. Since both servers have DataBaseA, the creation/alteration of the view might succeed on the wrong server you intended. Just thought I'd point that out so if it's the case you don't spend half an hour banging your head against that.

Executive Junior Cowboy Developer, Esq.[/url]

• Satya_0000 (1/21/2012)

I have altered the view however on querying the view it is not reflecting the changes. anyone pls advice.

After doublechecking what was recommended above... can you be a little more specific?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• have you resolved the issue? or still facing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply