(Verifying Backup)Can anyone help with this error?

• This error has been occurring recently. It is a backup (to tape) with verification. All the othe databases are backed up and verified no problem. I have run DBCC CheckDB and there are no errors.

[4] Database DS_Archived: Verifying Backup...

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 3230: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Operation on device '\\.\Tape0' exceeded retry count.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

[5] Database ss12: Database Backup...

Destination: [\\.\Tape0]

• Acutally I just got this the other day and previously to that. The best way to find out exactly what it is barking about is to look in Windows Event Viewer either Service or Application log. It should have an entry related to the tape. My Error number was different but same overall message. When I looked into Event Viewer it stated drive needed to run cleaning tape. However, previously I got this message and noted that in that situation it was reporting bad tape which I ran cleaning tape to be sure no junk on recording head, still same so changed change to brand new tape and was fine. Again check Event Viewer and the final answer should be there.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply