Variables Display Gone

• Lynn Pettis (8/1/2012)

Mordred (8/1/2012)

I just had some IT guys look at this but they are unsure as to why it is all-out missing. Another problem is that there aren't any SSIS gurus in the company I work for because not many people use SSIS. The IT guys were talking about upgrading me to SSIS 2010 so I'm hoping that it is a little less buggy. As it stands, I'm not the only one that is confused by this.

Never heard of SSIS 2010.

Of course, sorry I meant to say Visual Studio 2010. I think the plan while not ideal is to run both 2008 and 2010 VS side by each.

Regards:
    Mordred
    Keep on Coding in the Free World

• Mordred (8/1/2012)

Lynn Pettis (8/1/2012)

Mordred (8/1/2012)

I just had some IT guys look at this but they are unsure as to why it is all-out missing. Another problem is that there aren't any SSIS gurus in the company I work for because not many people use SSIS. The IT guys were talking about upgrading me to SSIS 2010 so I'm hoping that it is a little less buggy. As it stands, I'm not the only one that is confused by this.

Never heard of SSIS 2010.

Of course, sorry I meant to say Visual Studio 2010. I think the plan while not ideal is to run both 2008 and 2010 VS side by each.

I have VS 2010 Ultimate installed here at home, and it doesn't have the BIDS stuff in it and I have SQL Server 2008 R2 installed.

• Now that I am home and have been looking into my IT rep's proposal, I don't see much point to having VS 2010. I have VS 2010 Pro at home (it's good to be a student I guess) as well as SSIS 2008 and the development studio still runs 2008 and not 2010. I guess they are going to have to re-install this software for me as I don't think I have any more options to try.

Regards:
    Mordred

• After a full re-install, I still could not view my variables window, surprisingly enough. I'd say that we exhausted all work-around possibilities with no fix. That being said, my IT rep said he wanted to try creating me another corporate user profile. After he did, the variables window was back with my new profile. Neither of us know why the window went missing but all that matters now is that I can view and create variables again.

Thanks to each and every one of you that contributed to this topic, I truly appreciate it all.

Regards:
    Mordred

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply