Validation status "VS_ISBROKEN" is SSIS Package

• Hi all,

I have an issue with one job in SSMS which uses some SSIS Package.

I'm receiving the error -

Error: "Source_component" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".;One or more component faile

d validation.;SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040

E14.An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Statement(s) could not beprepared.".An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Invalid object name 'Table_name'.".;There were errorsduring task validation.

Looks like it easy issue that the source table doesn't exists.

But this table exists and I can run the component locally without any issue.

Could you please help me to find the issue?

Thank you

• I don't know SSIS, so I cannot speak to that part.

But when you get an error that a table is missing, even if you think it does not exists, that is due to that you are not connecting to the instance you think that you are connecting to. Or you are not connecting to the database you think you are connecting to.

So those are the things to troubleshoot. For instance, by running a query like "SELECT @@servername, db_name()".

[font="Times New Roman"]Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply