Validating (Error)

• Hi ,

I am trying to make a SSIS PACAKGE AND GETTING A FOLLOWING ERROR. help

- Validating (Error)

•Error 0xc00470fe: Data Flow Task: The product level is insufficient for component "Destination - UNITED_DATA_FEB" (61).

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc00470fe: Data Flow Task: The product level is insufficient for component "Data Conversion 1" (91).

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

• Apparently this is a bug, according to this: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=112469&SiteID=1

It sounds like either you haven't installed SP1, you don't have SSIS installed and generated the code through the import/export wizard in Management Studio, or it's a bug that I don't know much about (well, even less than I gleaned by poking around via google).

Hope this helps,

Rick Todd

• me also same problme

any help

??

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Just a thought, what version of SQL Server are you using? Not just the year, but the product level?

Rick Todd

• @ rick

Thanks for replying so fast

Its sql server 2005 enterprise edition with sp3

excel is 97-2003 with xls extension

Regards,

SusHANT

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• OK, I read through the thread on that URL I posted earlier. Have you read through that? Exactly which problem are you having? Did you run the Import/Export wizard from your local machine, against a SQL Server Enterprise Edition SP3 server, or you're ON the server importing from there and to there?

Rick Todd

• @ rick

I am on remote server with sql server 2005 sp3 installed on it...

I have excel 97-2003 on it.

i am running --

SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0','Excel 8.0;Database=C:\Users\xyz\desktop\FullLoad1.2.xls', 'SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]')

The erro iam geting now is :-

Cannot process the object "SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]". The OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "(null)" indicates that either the object has no columns or the current user does not have permissions on that object.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Well, now that's an entirely different problem altogether! Are you just trying to get the data out this one time, will this be recurring with this same configuration, or will you do a variety of things like this over and over?

Rick Todd

• just 1 time i guess.

So that means you have a temporary solution or what?

The earlier error ,I was getting when i was on my local pc without SSIS installed,

so I went into remote server and from there I got this error

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• You get this error if you try to use the import/export wizard, or are you trying a different solution?

Rick Todd

• @ rick

I am getting this error when I am trying to run the script (openrowset).

When I run the import wizard it gives same error as mentioned earlier...0xc00470fe error code

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• I would personally follow the path of Import/Export wizard. Did you run everything from Remote Desktop on the server, and that's where you got that message?

Rick Todd

• @ rick,

thanks, I got it

The excel file was not on the server where i was trying to import it.( it was on local pc)

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply