Using Variables within a "SQL Command from variable"

• I have loaded a sql query into a variable and selected the "SQL Command from variable" option within my OLE DB Source Editor. My variable value is called "TableLoadQuery".

Below is a code snippet of TableLoadQuery and how I have placed the variables within the SQL, but I keep getting "Invalid column name ' + @[User::..." errors. Has anyone ever been able to do this? Do you have any ideas around it? And yes, Utlity is supposed to be spelled like that.

DECLARE @mydate DATETIME, @dtServiceMonthStart datetime, @dtServiceMonthEnd datetime, @dtArchiveDate datetime, @intRedistributeDays int, @dtISTADateStart datetime

, @strDUNS varchar(50)

SELECT @mydate = GETDATE()

,@dtServiceMonthStart = (SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR(25),DATEADD(dd,-(DAY(@mydate)-1),@mydate),101))

, @dtServiceMonthEnd = (SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR(25),DATEADD(dd,-(DAY(DATEADD(mm,1,@mydate))),DATEADD(mm,1,@mydate)),101))

, @dtArchiveDate = GETDATE()

, @intRedistributeDays = " + @[User::RedistributeDays] + "

, @dtISTADateStart = " + @[User::ISTAStartDate] + "

, @strDUNS = " + @[User::UtlityID] + "

--SET @dtISTADateStart = ISNULL(@dtISTADateStart, '2009-12-15')

SET @intRedistributeDays = @intRedistributeDays + 1

SET @dtServiceMonthStart = CASE

WHEN @intRedistributeDays IS NULL THEN @dtServiceMonthStart

WHEN DATEADD(dd, -1 * @intRedistributeDays, GETDATE()) < @dtServiceMonthStart THEN DATEADD(dd, -1 * @intRedistributeDays, GETDATE())

ELSE @dtServiceMonthStart

END

SELECT

m.MeterID AS ISTA_METER_ID

, m.MeterNo AS METER_NUMBER

, p.PremNo ..........

• Hello,

I'd say that the simplest way to handle this would be to add a script task before the "OLE DB Source Editor" and assemble the SQL command there.

Regards,

PMWar

PMWar

• try removing "@" infront of SSIS variables in the query, appropriate casting, also verify final query in the SQL command variable with some dummy data in other ssis variables

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply