Using the WMI Event Watcher Task in SSIS to Process Data Files

• Hi Orlando,

Great article. Thank you.

The script seems to have an issue finding a server path. I am not sure why it's not finding the folder.

Please see attached for the exception and a screen shot of the path.

Thanks

• massoud-1045248 (10/23/2014)

Hi Orlando,

Great article. Thank you.

The script seems to have an issue finding a server path. I am not sure why it's not finding the folder.

Please see attached for the exception and a screen shot of the path.

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment.

If H:\ is mapped to network drive then you will require special permissions to the remote server in order to use this technique. Either way this use of WMI is not the best option we have in terms of watching for new files to arrive.

I did three articles on this topic, this one leveraging WMI directly being the first, and each building on the last. Here is the third one. At the end of the article I contrast the three techniques:

Using the Script Task in SSIS to Process Data Files When They Arrive[/url]

Please have a look. I think both the Konesan's File Watcher and the Script Task method I developed may be better options for you.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Thank you Orlando. I will definitely take a look.

Just to clarify though,I do have access to the remote drive as shown in the screen shot attached.

Thanks

• Oh and \\CTrading\public is H: as shown in the screen shot attached.

• It actually worked when using the UNC. Thanks!

• I've put the whole process inside an infinite loop and have two near-identical processes running side by side (for two differing file formats), and I've also included a Send Mail task to send the processed data to a specific user.

It all seems to work fine for one file, then sometimes just stops for subsequent files. I say 'sometimes' because the problem is intermittent and there seems to be no ryhyme or reason. I'm going to have to look at another method - the scripting method.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply