Using SQL2008 reports independently.

• Hi there,

I'm looking into ways of presenting de status of our production servers to whom it may concern. Looking at the build-in reports of SQL2008 I could use some of them. I would use these reports on a central server to run them against several remote servers automatically at certain intervals(daily/weekly). I am unfamiliar with the where-abouts of the source of these reports. If these reports are anything like the DBA Dashboard created for SQL2005, they're probly located as XML files somewhere.

Could any1 point me to where I could get more info on them?

Greetz,
    Hans Brouwer

• Right click on the server and see if the standard reports ---> server dashboard helps.

• Um..No it does not. I wish to find out about the inner workings of these reports, where their sources are, how to use them on remote servers in an automated process.

Greetz,
    Hans Brouwer

• The standard reports are created using reporting services. You can create your own reports with SSRS and querying the appropriate DMOs.

If you want to capture some TSQl code used for those reports, see http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3743596/SQL-Server-Management-Studio-Reports-and-Dashboard.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply