Using sequence container but errors out if I have 8 foreach loop containers inside

• I am just using sequence containers for the first time today. I have eight foreach loop containers that each contain a data flow task, which in turn has a flat file source and two ole db destinations (one for "good" rows, and one for errors). Each of the eight work fine if I run each alone. I don't have any precedence constraints because I want each to run independently.

If I run the sequence container, various foreach containers fail. Even if I don't change anything, it varies which ones fail or not. Actually more fail upon subsequent runs but others "heal themselves".

Is it because they are contending with each other do you think? I would just add precedence constraints but if one fails, I still want the others to run.

I am new to SSIS and I'm sorry if there's an obvious reason for this that I haven't found yet by googling.

The error is :

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on CAD Flat File Source returned error code 0xC0202091.

The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component,

but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure

The error above it just said that the task failed.

I tried changing the package propert MaxConcurrentExecutables from -1 to various numbers like 2, 9, 6. It seems to have a n affect but it doesn't seem predictable so I might be missing something. Maybe I change this setting in conjunction with something else?

Thanks in advance. If I find a solution, I'll post again.

• Hi

It looks as two or more data flow tasks try to read data from one source at the same time.

Best regards,

Mike

• Thanks Mike. I'm nor sure about what you mean. Each data flow task has its own flat file connection, each flat flat file source is a different flat file source, and each OLE DB destination has its own table. Is there something else that needs to be separate?

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply