using replication in development environment?

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Paul White (3/10/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Actually, I'd carpet the office area in the warehouse, just not the warehouse area itself.

C'mon guys, think outside of the box! Ok, so warehouses aren't usually carpeted, but I'm sure the guys that walk miles through it every day picking stock would appreciate a little comfort underfoot...

Okay, but how often do you want to replace the carpet? Fork lifts and palate jacks are going to do a number on the carpet.

True, but I think we might compromise on a nice carpety strip down the sides of the aisles.

The equipment can use the un-carpeted centre bits.

I can see it now...;-)

Put carpet on the bottom of peoples shoes. This way they can always walk on carpet and it's easy to keep clean.

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net

• Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Paul White (3/10/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Actually, I'd carpet the office area in the warehouse, just not the warehouse area itself.

C'mon guys, think outside of the box! Ok, so warehouses aren't usually carpeted, but I'm sure the guys that walk miles through it every day picking stock would appreciate a little comfort underfoot...

Okay, but how often do you want to replace the carpet? Fork lifts and palate jacks are going to do a number on the carpet.

That's why we would use magic carpet. It wouldn't get dusty and it would not get trampled by the forklifts. Guys could fly around on it to do some of their picks.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Abhijit More (3/10/2010)

Whether to use replication in development environment or not?

Not recommended at all, However depends on requirements.

EnjoY!
  • OK, OK, some funny replies in here. The question was badly worded but let's not scare someone away from posting. I'm sure there is a valid question in here if we get some more information.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/10/2010)

OK, OK, some funny replies in here. The question was badly worded but let's not scare someone away from posting. I'm sure there is a valid question in here if we get some more information.

Okay, I apologize, but the OP has been around SSC for a while, so hopefully he knows we aren't serious and would be more than willing to assist if he would explain what it is he is trying to accomplish.

OK, OK, some funny replies in here. The question was badly worded but let's not scare someone away from posting. I'm sure there is a valid question in here if we get some more information.

I apologize as well.

With a clearer explanation of the requirements, we can make a good suggestion. I would be willing to put replication into my dev environment depending on the reasons to put it there. One can stave the costs by using VM to do it as well.

Learn Extended Events

• Apologies as well... For anyone here to give an advice or point you in the right direction, you have to give more details.

-Roy

• As a general rule, it is feasable (we do it), but you must use care when updating the tables with developed applications or T-SQL or whatever. You may not want everthing replicated.

If a row gets deleted, a transactional replication will be unable to locate the row on an update.

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide, since 1955.

My apologies as well.

EnjoY!
  • No apology from me - I gave my best answer based on the question asked, before considering the relative merits of the carpet-ation-ization of a warehouse.

Carpeted soles seem a practical solution, but magic carpet really is the way forward, long term, as soon as the technology becomes available.

Paul

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

No apology from me - I gave my best answer based on the question asked, before considering the relative merits of the carpet-ation-ization of a warehouse.

Carpeted soles seem a practical solution, but magic carpet really is the way forward, long term, as soon as the technology becomes available.

Paul

:-D:-P:-D:-P:hehe::hehe:

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply