Using DTS to Create Reports in Crystal 11

• Has anyone tried using scheduled DTS packages to create reports using Crystal 11? I support a financial system, and ahve users that want control reports to run every night and print to a specified printer. We have the Crystal 11 files installed on the server, and know the formats the users want. I'm just looking for a little direction to make sure we don't go down a path that's a dead end.

• i have never tried what you ask for

but to partly answer your question, if you have Business Objects Server you can use the scheduling function there to produce the reports.

another option could be to develop a .net app that prints the reports. do you have .net in your company or is its use an option?

Everything you can imagine is real.

• As far as I know, we don't have a Business Objects Server, but we do have .net available, which I had not thought of using, as deploying executables is problematic due to our layering process. I'll have to look at that as an option. Thanks!

• or you could look at instantiating the crystal reports dll in your dts script

might be easier though to create a .net app that does the printing and then you can attach a sql job to execute it according to your schedule.

Everything you can imagine is real.

• This should help a bit bu version differences may require so adjusting.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=19&messageid=108832

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply