Using data returned from sql

• Ok, I've come up with another problem in my project. I am happily pulling rows from my SQL columns and returning them to the user using asp.net. I am initially showing them 5 columns from the table. What I need to do next is make let's say the reference number (first column that is returned to the user) a clickable link and this reference number is passed onto the next page. Once I can pass that number to the next page I can use it to display the full SQL data from the table to the end user.

I hope my description makes sense. I was thinking about storing links as a column in the SQL table but not sure this is over complicating things.

Thanks

G

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Not sure what your question is, please elucidate.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• This sounds like more of an asp.net application issue rather than a SQL issue. I would not store links in the database. When you the user clicks the initial page dynamically create a new sql statement that returns all details and pass it to the database server. When the results come back that is then the source for you new page.

• Apologies in my slow responsiveness - busy work week.

So to elaborate...…

Lets take for example we have a list of customers and each customer has an invoice with maybe ten columns in the SQL Table. In my case I have the user log in and when they land on their dashboard they are presented with a list of their invoices.... amount, invoice number and and date due. I want each record/row that is displayed to be a link and when the link is clicked they are directed to another page and all of the invoice information is displayed from the table. I was thinking maybe a select using the invoice number to display all the invoice information on the next page - but I cant think of how to display each row as an individual link....

Amount Due: €100.00 | Invoice number: 1111 | Date Due: 01/01/2024

Amount Due: €100.00 | Invoice number: 1112 | Date Due: 01/01/2024

Amount Due: €100.00 | Invoice number: 1113 | Date Due: 14/02/2024

Amount Due: €100.00 | Invoice number: 1133 | Date Due: 23/03/2024

• This still sounds like an ASP.NET question. Why do you think that this is a SQL Server problem?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Ok so I need to look at my asp code again. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply