Using custom data source in the package

• Hi all,

I've just started to learn basics of SSIS. I'm trying to read excel document without using OLEDB provider rather use 3rd party .net component to read excel dataset.

Can some advice me how I can use Script Tast / Script Component which references my 3rd party .net API, reads excel file and return dataset to the package.

• If u have a 3rd party source, want to write the conversion in VB.NET (script task), why r u trying to use ssis then? just curious?

• We want to use SSIS data transformation framework but avoid using Microsoft Jet engine which SSIS uses to read Excel Source.

However, I've came with the solution to use Script component which references our 3rd party dll for reading excel worksheet.

Output from script component is then consumed by other data flow components for other operations.

• Bhavesh (9/7/2009)

Hi all,

I've just started to learn basics of SSIS. I'm trying to read excel document without using OLEDB provider rather use 3rd party .net component to read excel dataset.

Can some advice me how I can use Script Tast / Script Component which references my 3rd party .net API, reads excel file and return dataset to the package.

You have to implement script data flow source. Check this link for reference and starting point. The 3rd party .NET component has to be signed library and you should register in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). You have to also make a copy of the 3rd party library in this subfolder of SQL Server:

SDK\Assemblies

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Thats what I exactly did...

I have only added 3rd party dll to GAC in worked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply