Using access datasource in SSRS

• The report works locally when I ran it in the Visual Studio with the same same connection string as on the SSRS report manager. I created a shared datasource on the report manager and the connection string is below:

Provider=MS Remote; Remote Server=\\server name; Remote Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source= folder on server\database.mdb;

The database is not password protected and for now all users have access to it.

Whenever I ran the report the following error is generated:

An error has occurred during report processing.

Query execution failed for data set 'Test'.

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors.

Test is the dataset name and not the datasource. I am not sure if I posted this in the right forum and if I dd not please point me in the right direction as this is the first time I am running into an MS Access-SSRS collaboration issue.

Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

• Sorry - I just noticed the date on this - DOH!

Hi Sam,

Did anyone ever get back to you on this? I've been running SSRS in SharePoint integrated mode for almost a year now and just recently am unable to connect to our MS Access database with the error being just that the report is hanging.

Prior to this however, we were able to connect to the Access database by OLEDB using this connection string: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="\\<Path to the SHARED folder>\<Database Name>.accdb" with No Credentials, and then giving our SSRS Execution account read access to the share.

I'm not sure why we are having issues connecting recently but this definitely worked for us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply