Users From Hell

• It's unfortunate their labels aren't tattooed on their foreheads, though. It would save us some time.

Chris

• Great!

Is there a category for 'Just' users? They come in all walks of life : "you just have to re-build the server", "you just need a one line edit", "you just need to take the gearbox out", "you just need a three storey extension"...etc.

🙂

Alan

• I enjoyed this piece too, particularly the consultant sketch - very true and very recognisable! There must be an interesting psychological study behind why managers trust consultants so much and why they pay through the nose for them.

In my experience, however, the tide is changing against them, part of the general downturn and reaction against dotcom, Y2K and similar white elephants. Managers are placing more faith in their own staff so every cloud has a silver lining. 

• Was really great reading. I can relate to everything said.....

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

• This made me laugh out loud. Will have to pass this along to some of my colleagues.

Thanks

Karen Gayda
    MCP, MCSD, MCDBA

gaydaware.com

• This is a clasic, however i feel it very important to include for want of a better title ' The Jargon Speaker' you knwo the ones, who at any  meeting they go to try and through around as many buzz words as they can to sound as if they migh have an idea as to whats going on.

ie there flux-capacitor might melt because of the Blitzkrieg Tender offer for that OpenSource company that Bullpen managment styles, not to meantion  the Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 11 or CRM which is to bereleased post Vista

Hope this helps...

Ford Fairlane
    Rock and Roll Detective

• Ever played "Corporate Bingo" in meetings with people like that?

Have a grid of (Must be current) kewywords. Each time they use a word, strike it out. When you have a line Shout Bingo!

Good for a laugh...

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply