User list and permissions list

• OK, I have a big request and I need your expertise here!!  I have been tasked with building a spread sheet of IMPORTANT information concerning all servers.  Both in house and at the NOC.  I need a list of all users and their permission and whether they use Windows or SQL auth.  There must be some tried and true system sp that will do this for me?????  I do appreciate you help and making me look good to my manager!!!  WAHOO!!!

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

•   I used to use a number of queries against the system tables to derive this information but I found a link on this site to a very nice tool which does all this for you.  Here is the link to the artical:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/cmiller/dumpsqlpermissions.asp

• Bless you!!!  I am so excited about this!!  Thank you!!!

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• I just read the article concerning this script.  He says it is done in VB6.  Did anyone run this using .NET??  Any issues??  This sounds perfect for me, but I don't want to download the exe until I know I am not going to blow anything up!!!  THANKS!!!! 

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• If it is a VB6 exe, it doesn't matter if you have VB or .net loaded on your workstation.  Everything the application needs to run should be included in the exe ( I say 'should' be).  

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• alriiiighty then.....downloading.  Thanks!!!

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• If you have many servers, you can query and return data from all of your servers at the same time to collect the information you need using SQL Farm Combine. The Beta version is available at http://www.sqlfarms.com.

I can help you write all T-SQL scripts needed to grab the info that you need so you could query and return all needed data very easily.

Editor's Note: : Dr. Omri Bahat works for SQLFarms, a software vendor of SQL Server tools.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply