user link to dbo in sql2005

• Dear Member

i have restored the database of sql2000 backup file in sql2005 to the of version is 9.0.4035.

i have check status of dbo login to run following exec sp

sp_change_users_login report

gives following result

dbo 0xDAFF6970E459E4499116812B0DC42FD3

We have to link this user to sql logins and mapping this user to link of dbo to following process

In Right click to

User>>Properties >>User Mapping >> add the dbo to user column to my database

Now when we try to link the database and users to login and specify the user as dbo , we get following error .

Create failed for User 'dbo'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

User, group, or role 'dbo' already exists in the current database. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15023)

but i have check there is already user dbo existing in the database . But this user 'dbo' is not linked to any login . This was not the case in SQL 2000.

I understand we can use sp_change_users_login with either update_one or autofix argument . But I also read this can not be done for dbo user.

Now I want to change the user logins to dbo. It's not possible . How can i go ahead.

• dbo is the database owner.

Change the database owner using sp_changedbowner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply