Useful DTS Tool

•  Has anybody had any experience of using a piece of freeware called DTSBackup2000 from the following website:

http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?t=6&s=105&i=242&p=1&a=0

I downloaded to my pc at home and tested it out.  It is great for transferring DTS packages between servers.  I don't know how reliable it is and was hoping to use it at work.

Thanks

Carl

I have also posted this on the DTS Site but had no response as yet.

• Carl,

I've been using this tool for about six-eight months for backing up my DTS packages and I try every now and again to restore them to another server.

Each time it has restored them without a problem and that's a HUGE bonus - because I could not afford to lose these packages.

The command line utility is handy because I use in a scheduled job that runs each day to grab the packages and back them up to my local machine.  I then back this machine up each night to another server - so hopefully if the fecal matter hits the rotary oscillating device, I will have the data somewhere that I can restore it.

It's a great tool and something MS should have included with their server to start with.  Maybe with Yukon?

Bill

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

• I've also used this and find it to be a reliable product, it really comes into it's own for things like change control and Disaster Recovery as DTS packages are often missed.

Can't see MS giving anything this useful out even in yukon

• Thanks for all your replys guys.

Regards

Carl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply