use functionality enterprise edition

• Good morning all ,

I must proceed to migrate an instance of 2008 Enterprise Edition to 2017 standart Edition

but I must be sure that in my old instance there is no functionality used from the enterprise edition

There is a utility or queries that allows me to tell me if my my instance uses Enterprise Edition features

thank you for your help

• as most of the features that were Enterprise only on 2008 are now standard featured I would just try and restore the db onto a 2017 standard edition - if it works you are good - if not it will tell you which feature breaks it.

TDE is one that is not supported on standard.

you can also look at https://www.brentozar.com/blitz/enterprise-edition-features/ and apply some of the scripts - but not sure if it is feasible to test it with upgrade version - e.g. if you run the script on 2008 it will tell you some features are Enterprise (like compresison) while on 2017 this is standard feature.

Note that some aspects of Enterprise Vs Standard are at server level - not database level so you will need to see if they apply to you - e.g. Always On AG is Enterprise only if not mistaken..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply