Use Custom Color in a Central Management Server Doesn't Share

• I have a Central Management Server setup for the teams to use. I have set custom colors (Properties -> Connection Properties -> Use Custom Color) for each server by group (Red for production, Green for development, etc...)

The issue I am experiencing is that the custom color shows up fine on the workstation that I set the color on, but if I connect to the Central Management Server from any other workstation the color is not set.

The Central Management Server is a SQL Server 2012 instance (v11.0.2325)

Does anyone know if this is a bug? If it's a bug, is there work around to fix this so that the custom colors are shared with the rest of the configuration?

Any help is appreciated

• pretty sure those settings are stored on the machine you set it up on.

for my SQL2012, it actually in %appdata%\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\11.0\SqlStudio.bin,

and similar folders for 2008 or R2.

you'd want to replace the SQLStudio.bin file on each machine you want to share the settings on, i believe.

(2008 was in %appdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Shell for me)

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply