Urgent help with replication and data filtering

• Hi,

I have a transactional replication with 2 subscribers and I want to filter the data to one of the subscribers but I cannot do it with the row filtering options on replication because it doesn't allow join filters which are only allowed on merge replications so how can I do that with transactional?

If you look below an example of tables I have, I am trying to publish only the data that have the COnline set to 1 on table C but want to do a join on Table D and E so that only the records on Tables C, D and E have COnline set to 1 will be published. I hope you understand what I mean.

How can I do this? Please provide me with clear example or instructions if possible.

Thanks so much

I have a table C with

CID(id) Cname(varchar) COnline(bit)

1 Name1 1

2 Name2 0

3 Name3 1

4 Name4 1

Then I have Table D with

DID(CID) DAge(int) Dreport(bit) Daddress(varchar)

1 20 1 address1

2 34 1 address2

3 25 0 address3

4 41 0 address4

Then I have Table E with

EID(CID) ESS1(text) ESS2(text) ESS3(text)

1 a lot text a lot text a lot text

2 a lot text a lot text a lot text

3 a lot text a lot text a lot text

4 a lot text a lot text a lot text

• Hello,

I've never done this. All of my transactional publications are not partitioned. There should be a way to do what you want, but I'm not sure how involved it is. It has something to do with creating DTS packages for use by the distribution agent.

Have a look at this chunk of documentation from the msdn2 site.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa179200(SQL.80).aspx

• You can only have join filters on merge replications!

• Can't you write your select statement and put that in your filter ? I've done filters so that I only replicate from TableA if I get a good join to TableB.

Here's some exact syntax from one of my filters, although I'm not using the word JOIN:

SELECT published_columns FROM [dbo].[PROOLN_M] WHERE exists (SELECT * FROM AdvDbPrd.dbo.proord_m WHERE AdvDbPrd.dbo.prooln_m.ord_num = AdvDbPrd.dbo.proord_m.ord_num and (ordr_dte >= '1998-01-01' or ordr_dte is null))

• No you can't!

Filters on Transactional replications only allow WHERE clause and it must have the columns from that specific table where you are setting the filter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply